C's Two and Three

Yesterday I talking about the first c, Crochet.  Now I need to fill you in on the next C's in the tale...

C the second, Calamity!



Yes, last Thursday evening we all 'enjoyed' a trip to Accident and Emergency.

While at a friend's house, my poor little poppet had a fall on a trampoline and got a rather nasty cut on her leg.  I won't go into details in case any of you, like me, are the squeamish type but it certainly wasn't pretty.

Of course these things always happen when you are out and I got the phone call when I'd just arrived at my destination.  Around I turned and promptly drove to the hospital.  Luckily, it was quiet and by the time I got there, they had already seem the triage nurse and we didn't have to wait much longer.

Quite a few stitches were called for, so at midnight, my scared Little Miss had to go under anaesthetic and to the theatre to be all patched up.  I tried to explain that it would be okay, she wouldn't feel anything because she'd be asleep, but obviously it's hard to understand these things when you are quite small.  Bless her heart, she was pretty brave though.  I'm glad to say we didn't have to wait too long before we were called to the recovery room to be there when she woke up.




I shall never forget the look on her face when she asked me afterwards... 'When will they call me to have the stitches?'
   'It's all done, sweetheart.  The stitches are already done.'  Her little face lit up like a Christmas tree, she was so relieved!

Things are nicely on the mend now and we'll be going along to have the stitches out early next week.  She's absolutely fine, but my word, these children scare you to death don't they?

As if that wasn't enough to contend with, the day after we came out of the hospital, My Little Miss and Me had a rather important job to do, which is where the third c comes in....


C the third, Congratulations

We were to be bridesmaids at my sister's wedding.  Little Miss was adamant that she was still going to be able to perform on the day and showed us all that she had no trouble at all walking on the 'poorly' leg, so we were all set.




Unfortunately, what with remembering to take all the pretty dresses, hair clips, shoes, tights, needles, thread, medicines and a hundred other things we needed to get ready, I completely forgot to take a decent camera with me, so I only have a paltry selection of photos for you I'm afraid.




I'll have to wait for the official photos and take my pick from those to get a memento to treasure but everything did look wonderful.  From the beautiful bride to the individually coloured and co-ordinated bridesmaids.  From the hand made place cards to the old fashioned sweets on the tables, it was all delightful, we had a lovely time and my wounded solider did manage her part very well.

I wish my lovely sister every best wish for a wonderful, long and happy marriage.  I know she's made an excellent choice in her partner and I couldn't be happier for both of them.

For me it was certainly a day to remember for so many reasons!



S x


Comments

  1. Oh bless your little one, how scary for her! Sounds like she coped very well.....kids have a real knack of being more brave than adults on occasion!

    I'm glad she was still able to be bridesmaid, it would have been a shame to miss out on pretty dress, shoes.....

    Hope things are ( the fourth c) a lot calmer for the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have a very brave little girl there and she was a trooper to carry on and do her bridesmaids duties :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh heck nasty that! I always yell at my kids to come off the trampolines cos I'm scared they will break a leg or so
    something. You hear if it so often. The wedding pics look lovely and good on dd for bearing up on the day. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your crochet is looking lovely!! Oh no the poor little miss I'm glad she was brave for you and managed to still be a bridesmaid I bet she loved that and will treasure that memory for a long time.. xx

    ReplyDelete