Colour Collaborative: December



 Celebrate

This word, especially at this time of year, is a very glittery kind of word I think.

For me, it conjures up images of gold and silver mostly.  We celebrate success with gold, silver and bronze don't we?  We celebrate New Year's parties in gold and silver streamers and banners.  Teachers celebrate good work with gold stars (at least, they used to, back in my day!)

Celebrate is a shiny and bright word and the festive season at the end of the year is a shiny and bright little interval in the dark days of winter.

But to celebrate also means to honour or praise publicly and so I'd like to do that too.

That's what that box of teeny tiny baubles up there is all about.  Isn't that just a celebration of colour?  Doesn't it just make you want to celebrate inside, just looking at it?  It's got it all, shine, glitz, sparkle and lots of glorious colour.  I find it quite heavenly.

So much do I revere this little box of baubles in fact, that I haven't dared remove them from their tiny little resting places and put them to any use.  What way is that to celebrate their lusciousness?









Celebration is about doing something special and enjoyable to mark a significant day and we all have our different traditions and customs for this time of year.

I find it's the little things that make me happy.  A pile of handmade stars, seeing the gifts under the tree and remembering that childhood thrill of anticipation.  A glimpse of a long treasured and favoured decoration, the joy of discovering today's picture behind the cardboard door and of course all 3 of us, snuggling cozily, half entangled together, in the glow of the twinkling tree.




 Whatever your celebration looks like, I hope you enjoy it.




Don't forget to check out the other great 'Colour Collaborative' blogs
for more of today's great posts...


  

What is The Colour Collaborative? 
All creative bloggers make stuff, gather stuff, shape stuff, and share stuff.
Mostly they work on their own, but what happens when a group of them work together?
Is a creative collaboration greater than the sum of its parts? We think so and we hope you will too.
We'll each be offering our own monthly take on a colour related theme, and hoping that in combination 
our ideas will encourage us, and perhaps you, to think about colour in new ways.
 

S x





My posts, delivered to you...

      RSS      Feedly      Bloglovin'      Email




Comments

  1. I just love those teeny tiny baubles in their teeny tiny compartments! They are a sheer pleasure to observe, just like that! I like your stars a lot too and have a couple of dozen of them around my home right now! I put one red start on table settings too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Yes to the shiny baubles, yes to the colorful stars, yes to the pleasure the small things brings, yes to snuggling with my family as well :-) thank you for the lovely cheerful happy post Sandra. Hugs, Jitka

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in bauble heaven looking at that top photo, I think I'm going to make a star garland for next year.
    Clare x
    http://summerhousebythesea.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That colorful collection of Christmas balls is a feast for the eyes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great !
    Greetings from Poland :)
    Katarzyna




    www.sajuki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I now have an extreme case of bauble envy ... and I doubt I'd be able to bear removing them from the box either Sandra :)

    Such colourful celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your color themes. Especially the Christmas tree one. I can imagine that theme for yet another Nordic Shawl... Thanks for sharing.
    Xxx
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just finished reading Annie's post and your takes on the colours of celebrate are both so different!
    Those baubles are so very pretty, as are your crocheted flowers.
    I hope you and your family had a lovely Christmas!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color combos! Do you have a pattern for the crochet stars?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness me, but I love that box of baubles shot. I could happily live with that pic on my wall...yes, I am that sad - I was that child who put away her pencils in colour order...sigh :-)
    Wishing you all the very best for a colour filled, crafty cornucopia in 2014!
    LLJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such sweet baubles - colours to make your heart sing! Best wishes to you and yours for 2014, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sure is a very lovely box of baubles in gorgeous colours! By the way I love your christmas decorations post and your trees look wonderful - you really have a brilliant eye for colour, happy new year my friend, Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both your little stars and little baubles are beautiful, in their own right and in their mix of colours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous glittering colours! Merry Christmas and a happy new year - here's to 2014.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, celebrate is definitely a shiny, colourful word for me too. I love that photo of the baubles in their little compartments. I don't think I could bring myself to unpack them either! They make a beautiful photo. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete