Half-Term Happenings


It's half term here at the moment and it's been a lovely week so far.  A good mix of busy and restful, I alway enjoy it best when we get that balance right.

Hubs is off this week too so we've done a few slightly more exciting things than we usually might.  We popped into London the other day for something to do and to show Little Miss some sights.  We took her to Hamley's, she still just young enough for that to be exciting... "7 floors of toys, Mum!"

We walked around a little and saw a few of the sights, St Paul's Cathedral, the Tower of London, Tower Bridge, the Monument (for the Great Fire of London), the Shard, the Walkie Talkie, the London Eye. (There are a lot of buildings that look like 'things' in London now it seems.)  We went to the V&A and saw the 'Future Starts Here' exhibition about how coming technology is likely to affect our lives (scary) and finished the whole day off with a slap up meal.  Fun.


Yesterday we rested up and had a lovely cozy day in and that was just as enjoyable in an entirely different way.  I'm spreading my crafty time about working on various wip's as the mood is taking me and finding myself really loving each one of them at the moment.  I always love my making, of course, but there seems something especially joyful and satisfying about the things I have on the go just now. 

I've got the weaving off the loom this week too.  That was fun, watching all my freshly created fabric peel off the roller!  I've soaked and dried it, so now I've just got to pluck up the courage to sew it...  
I might try and do that today, while Little Miss is up tending horses at the stables.  We'll see.

I'll just leave you with a few assorted snaps from the week.  I'll be back next week, probably with a podcast, so I'll see you then.   I have got a few messages and things that have come through, but I'll get back on top of all that when things are back to normal next week.

In the meantime, enjoy your week and your half-term, if you're having one! 

















S x



#CherryHeart

SUBSCRIBE:

 


PS - I'm so sorry but commenting on Blogger has been a bit hit and miss lately.  Please be aware that unless you see 'your comment will be visible after approval' after you press publish, I won't get your lovely message, which is sad.  If you are having trouble, you can leave your comment here instead.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a perfect October half term... we have actually managed to do not much other than catching up with friends. Hoping for a day in Cambridge before the week is over. Enjoy the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's actually worked out nicely. I always prefer the half-term holiday, it seems a nice amount of time off to me. Hope you had a lovely time in Cambridge if you made it there. That's a lovely place to go.

      S x

      Delete
  2. Absolutely adore your woven wrap! The colours are perfect! I'm loving your 'witchy' fingernails too, they're wicked (see what I did there??!). Have the rest of a lovely half-term break (ours was last week).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much lovely! Ha ha, yes I thought a nice dark colour would be good for the coming Halloween!

      S xx

      Delete
  3. Love those weaving colours. Our half term starts tomorrow and iIam hoping to strike the right balance too! I am not very good at that but I am going to 'not' try and make it too epic. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I kind of just plumped for them, but luckily they seem to be working out ok. Good luck with your half-term!

      S x

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos on your getaway. I love your blanket!!! One of these days I am going to get my hook into some granny squares. I have a couple of your patterns that are just waiting. I hope the blanket in your photo will be available soon. It is so pretty and I just love all the colors. For now, I am pushing on with the Spicier Life blanket. I may be near the half way point now ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Oh yes, granny squares can be so relaxing and soothing, I do love them I must admit. Yes I'll be popping up a pattern for the Battenberg blanket before long I think. I'm working on the border at the moment and once that's done I'll write it all out. Although, mostly it's just plain old granny squares, so it's pretty straight forward! ;)

      S x

      Delete