Sparkle!

This post is aimed at rather a niche audience.

It's for those of you who are a bit nutty about Christmas and in particular the decorating of the house and trimming of the tree for this yuletide period.  It is not focusing on anything at all worthwhile, it is solely concentrating on the flim flammery of the season.  The fluff, the glitter and the superficial and the sparkly.

I can understand if this sort of post holds no particular interest for you.  But, if you do get a little giddy tinge of excitement at the thought of getting the boxes out of the loft and give little gasps of delight as you uncover almost forgotten sparkly treasures from years gone past, then this is a post for you.

 I've been promising  you a closer look at this season's decorative offerings since they went up and so now I am going to keep my word and give you that viewing.


Here's my main tree this year.  As I mentioned before, I've gone with a semi-sophisticated theme.  Really, quite adult for me.  I've cherry picked all my gold, silver, cream and white decorations, added in any soft pinks, pale greens and subtle browns I've come across and with a restraint I don't often show at this time of year, I've left it at that.

I haven't done a 'themed' tree for quite a few years now and it does make a change from my more usual 'throw it all on any colour, any how' style, which you can glimpse from last years posts here, here and here.  Which I do rather adore and looking back, I do miss it a bit, but I think I can manage to have a grown up tree for one year at least.

Meanwhile, all my favourite colourful bits and vintagey baubles are hanging out on the second, creamy tree.  Tough to get a good shot of this one, it's badly situated photogenically speaking but it does offer excellent Christmassy views while I'm cooking and baking so that's good.


I'll let you get the remainder of your glitzy fix in peace...

...just keep an eye out for my gold encrusted stag (hello!)
He's new this year and I love him to bits, he looks so majestic on my mantle.










S x





My posts, delivered to you...

      RSS      Feedly      Bloglovin'      Email




Comments

  1. Sandra, this post and your beautiful pictures cheer my heart. I love christmas and I love to decorate, but I get comments sometimes about the amount of decorations and the amount of decorations on my tree and so on and so on (as in not good comments!), it has put me off rather. So seeing your beautiful trees, beautiful decorations and lovely house all done up to the nines and looking stunning has made me feel so much better, I am not the only one, plus everything you have done is so beautiful - did I mention that!! Thank you thank you thank you. I wish you a most wonderful and happy christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE all your decorations, they are beautiful. Your home looks ready for a wonderful Christmas and I wish you just that. I love your Vintage Style Tree ... its fab. Thanks for sharing, I love to look at other people decorated home.... decorating the house is one of the things I look forward to othe most ... actually it takes me ages, I am always moving something here and there until it has found its absolute perfect place .... So this post was definitely for me. Thanks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your decorations but your first photo does for me. Just gorgeous.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, I love them both - such a fabulous idea to have two. If I had to choose it would be the colourful one which I could gaze at for hours. I really think I'm going to have to turf out some of our 'seen better days' decorations and be a bit more stylish next year.


    "Flim flammery" is definitely now my favourite phrase of the season!


    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did give a little gasp when I saw your tree, and then the white one too! really beautiful, Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful sparkly and classy decorations, Sandra! I especially love your main 'grown up' tree ! I love your different garlands and marvellous crocheted snowflakes. What fun to live in your home at this time of the year! It's like a sparkly, magical wonderland! I think there's a Fairy Godmother that comes out at night to sparkle things up for the next morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandra, what a lovely post! I am one of these Christmas-deco-lovers!!! Your main tree looks majestic and all your pictures so pretty! I will send you an email soon with a pic of my version of your fingerless mittens.I am really enjoying making them.
    I wish you and your family a very Happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year! Pati x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely, your home is delightful....I particularly like the white tree with the multi coloured ornaments. Have a great Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, I love it all, it really cheered me up as we are yet to put our main tree up, although the fluffy pink tree with sparklie butterflies is already up I love you're cream tree and it sophisticated sister. Spent the day finishing my crocheted wintertime wreath so now that's done the tree can go up tomorrow yippee, have a wonderful Christmas
    Clare x

    http://summerhousebythesea.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful! i love the glitter and the sophisticated touches, though I can never achieve them myself x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful trees!! They both look lovely, and pretty decorations too!! :) Merry Christmas! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely Christmas treat to see! And I'm so glad to know I'm not the only homemaker who really does deck the whole house. Your 'grown-up' tree is stunning, did you bead the garland (pearl clusters with smaller chains - wow pretty and I'm so trying that for next year!)? The kitchen tree is perfect, too. Happy Christmas from NE Scotland:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Your trees are simply beautiful! Merry Christmas to you and your family, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are a woman after my own heart... there is NO such thing as too much bling! I love both your trees. Enjoy your happy, sparkly surroundings :-)
    Happy Christmas!
    LLJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. That top pic is stunning! We may not go quite so all out sparkly here, but I can still appreciate other folks putting on of the glitz ... this is a gorgeous display Sandra :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore your trees! ...and the title of your post. Sparkle! Its a word I just think is so perfect for the decorating we love to do!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much! I know what you mean, I like to tinker with things a bit too. Good to know I’m not the only one! ;)

    Have a wonderful Christmas!


    Sandra x

    (Ps - Sorry I can never seem to get my emails through to you, so I’ll post here. I hope you see it!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a pretty, sparkly post. I enjoyed the frivolity of it, I have to say. I would like to be the kind of person who has a grown-up themed tree but I'm just too weak willed - I get sentimental and hang on every piece of tat the kids made - and stuff I made when I was a child too! Your trees look beautiful, and your photos are also very lovely. Happy Christmas to you Sandra! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everything looks glorious Sandra, your decorations and photos are beautiful. I love the crochet tree skirt in the previous post too. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas! Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your blog, your home, your crochet, your quilting/sewing…everything. Your home is so beautifully decorated for Christmas too. I'm a follower now too. I'm a "Sandra" too by the way. Your blog is so cheerful and merry. Wishing you and your loved ones a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your home is so beautiful and cozy, and all your Christmas decorations are so lovely! Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both your trees are decorated in a special way and look so festive and beautiful. They give your house a warm, cosy, family feeling. I like this one in the kitchen a bit more. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete