Florida


Hello everyone!

Well, I'm back at last.  Ok, I've been back from my holiday for a little while.  But now I'm getting back to the blog too.  I do have some yarny things I need to share with you but first I couldn't let a big trip to Florida go by without a picture or two.

It was the biggest trip we've been on for a while, two weeks instead of our more usual one.  Florida instead of just staying here or popping over to France and this time a whole load of us went.  Well, my little family, my sister's family and my Mum and Dad too anyway, which is enough.

We went to Kissimmee and stayed in a villa near Disney and did the whole tourist, Disney, Universal thing.  It was an amazingly busy couple of weeks, there is just so much to see and do.   We'd originally planned to build in some relaxing time too, some barbeques at the villa and chill out by the pool time but to be honest that was hard to fit in.  But it seemed a waste not to get stuck into everything that was there, after all, who knows when we will be back.



It was great to see the kids enjoy it all and it was fun for us too.  I have been before, but so many years ago that I daren't count them and so much has changed since them.  Animal Kingdom was new to me and way back then Hollywood Studios was MGM too.  I guess it's a place that never stays still.  There's always a new film to base a ride on and new characters to dress up as.

I was especially looking forward to seeing all the new Harry Potter attractions at the Universal parks and they didn't disappoint I can tell you!  It was tipping down with rain when we first arrived in Diagon Alley, but it didn't spoil it, it was still totally amazing.

I loved the whole area, the shops, the rides, the dragon on top of Gringotts Bank, riding on the Hogwarts Express, and seeing Hogsmeade.  Awesome and perfect for those big kids like me!


One of the nicest days we had was when we took a drive away from Orlando and headed out towards Clearwater to try and fit a beach day in.  We ended up at a place called Indian Rocks and had a gorgeous lunch at Guppy's and then a swim in the sea.  We only got about an hour on the beach before the storms came in and we had to run, grabbing our belonging as we went but it was worth it.  The joy of swimming off the Gulf Coast when you are used to the English Channel is not to be taken lightly.



Phew!  So now that we're back home again but I'm still looking forward to getting a moment to fit that 'relaxing' part in.  I'm thinking it might be after the schools go back and I get the house to myself again!


S x




SUBSCRIBE:

   



Comments