Spice of Life Crochet Along - Part 1



I'm sitting up in the craft room today, glad to finally to able to get back in here and enjoy the peace of a quiet house.  The sun is trying to peek through the clouds and as I'm typing away to you I must admit I have a bit of a tingle going on today.  Mostly it's a tingle of happy excitement and anticipation but you know, there is a smidge of nerves mixed in too.

The thing is I have something rather big to announce.  Something I've had to keep under my hat for a little while.  Something I've been bursting to tell you about and something, I hope, you will be able to get excited about too.

I've been busy working together with the lovely people at Black Sheep Wools to bring you a brand new blanket pattern!  Not only that, but we're making it a Crochet Along too.
(If you are wondering what a Crochet Along is, check out this post!)

It's called the Spice of Life Blanket and I'm so glad I finally get to share it with all of you.  It's a fun blanket I think, full of colour and I love the really vintage feel it has to it.  It also has a nice variety of stitches in it too.  Hence the name of this snuggly creation, variety is the 'spice of life' after all!

That also means this is going to be a great Crochet Along to join those crocheters that know the basics and want to learn the next steps, as this blanket will take you through a nice selection of patterns and help you learn a few new stitches along the way too.

Not that you need to be learning to take part of course, I'm hoping plenty of you with a bit of crochet experience under your belt will want to join us too.  I know I loved dreaming this one up and bringing it to life so I really hope you'll all enjoy it too.

I expect you'd like to see a little more of it though wouldn't you?  Here you go...





My sister said that it reminded her of our Nan when I showed her and I know exactly what she meant.  It's just such a happy blanket, with a lovely scrappy feel to it.  You can just imagine snuggling under this one on Sunday afternoon after dinner, or with the popcorn ready to watch a film.  What would you do with yours I wonder?

But what do you think?  Would you like to make one of your own?


Let me give you some of the details of the Crochet Along now and you can decide if you'd like to join us...



Spice of Life CAL

PART ONE - GETTING READY, MATERIALS LIST and SCHEDULE

The Spice of Life Crochet A-Long will open today and run until 3rd November

The blanket pattern will be released in parts, see all the blanket details here:

The actual blanket making will begin on 22nd September to give you time to get your yarn and be ready

There will be tutorials and some videos to help you along the way

Anyone is welcome to join in!

: :

Here's what to do...


1.  Get yourself some yarn

You are welcome to use whatever yarn you'd like to make your blanket but to make things easy, Black Sheep Wools have already put together some yarn packs with everything you'll need.  See the details on my Spice of Life page!


: :

2.  Get the Pattern

Watch the Spice of Life page for all the new pattern parts as soon as they are available.  You'll also be able to go back and find all the previous parts of the pattern at any time:

Spice of Life Page


: :

3.  Join in on Social Media

Share your photos, see everyone's projects, chat to other crocheters, ask questions and get help when you need it by getting involved on social media.  So feel free to join our Facebook group, tag your Instagram photos and chat on Ravelry:

Spice of Life CAL Facebook Group

#spiceoflifeCAL Instagram tag

Spice of Life CAL Thread on Ravelry

: :


: :   UPDATE   : :

This pattern is now available to purchase as a complete downloadable PDF file

Please see the Spice of Life Page for details


: :


S x




SUBSCRIBE:

   



Comments