Easter is here


I must say, I'm glad the holidays are here.  I was thinking I could do with a break.

Although, as usual lately, even our holidays are a mad rush of activity.  This first week I think we have one day where we're not doing anything, but other than that, it's all go, go go.  Maybe the week after Easter will be the one for resting in.  I hope so.

Still, we've got some fun things to look forward to so I mustn't complain.  I think a tiny little break from the health and fitness regime might be called for too though, there are too many temptations about at the moment.  A little indulgence won't hurt me will it?

I haven't really had a whole lot of time for new projects this Easter, so I've just brought out my old ones instead.  It's nice to see them again.  The baskets are full of eggs again...


You can find my 'basket tutorial' here, if you'd like to make some of your own.  They are a quite nice and easy project, so there's still time.

And the faithful old tree is up again too.  Little Miss is very much in charge of the decorating of this tree these days, so I can just still back and pass things as instructed.  It's not my natural inclination, this taking the back seat business, but as long as I retain ultimate power over the Christmas tree, I can manage to let it slide!



I particularly like her Hama bead 'Easter', that she made last year.  Very cute.

Then of course, there is the good old 'hop, hop, hop bunting', in it's fourth year of use no less.  This blogging lark is a little scary when it makes you realise how fast time whizzes by in that way.  Eek!

There's no pattern for the bunting I'm sorry to say, but I did do a little template for the bunny shapes if you are at all interested in using those.




And so we are ready for a fun filled Easter and hopefully there will be moments of relaxation too.  Like just now, LM is off on a pony day and so I really do need to dedicate a little more time to this cushion cover that I've decided I need right now!

: :

Don't forget it's the last day to post your blanket progress in the #CHBAL - Prize thread on Ravelry.

The thread closes tonight at 10pm UK time.  Thank you so much to everyone who has entered so far, there are so many gorgeous blankets already, it's very exciting.

I'll be back to declare the winners on Friday!


S x




SUBSCRIBE:

   



Comments

  1. A pony day sounds wonderful, lucky girl. The Easter holidays are lovely, the weather is suddenly a bit nicer (well, hopefully it is) and outside is a possibility again. I hope you have a lovely couple of weeks. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Easter decorations are just lovely. I'm glad you are able to get a quiet moment to relax. Hope you have a wonderful Easter. Love all your blankets from previous post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your basket and tree are lovely, have a wonderful easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandra, I've started a blog too - let me know what you think! www.littlepinkcanary.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Easter tree and I love the little Sylvanian bunnies in the dish beside it.I also love the wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oops, forgot to say, Happy Easter! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter!!! Gorgeous decorations! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely post, full of soft spring colours and happy images. Enjoy those chocolate eggs, and a happy Easter to you all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute basket. I pinned the tutorial. I love your sewn banner and how you decorated for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your tree, we have a smallish one but if the weather is nice on Friday I sense a bit of stick collecting and painting coming on to make a bigger one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your home looks oh so pretty ready for Easter! We are having a fun holiday so far - I'm looking forward to gentle relaxing times too. Today is the day Mr R and P find a twig suitable for dangling springtime decorations off... last year they came back with a tree...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Easter, Sandra! Your cushion cover is off to a lovely, colourful start!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

    ReplyDelete