A Taste of a Room to Come...

We have a small spare room which has, or rather had, a dressing table, wardrobe, cupboard crammed full of crafting things/photos/general junk.  Since we moved The Darling Child out into the larger bedroom, this room had become the house 'dumping ground', in summery, a rather dreary and unloved corner our home.  For some time, I had been harbouring a little dream to turn this space into a a little crafty haven for me.

I planned in my mind how it should be, day-dreamed about it and wondered if it could ever come to be.  Things would need to be brought and the Husband would have to be convinced - there seemed to be many obstacles to be overcome.  But, as so often is the case, fate or maybe something less dramatic stepped in and knocked the first hurdle out of the water.  My sister needed to get rid of her rather huge (and eminently suitable for crafting) table to free up some space in her house.  So I suggested a swap, I would take her very large desk off her hands and she could have my nice, petite dressing table in return.  She was agreeable and things were arranged accordingly.  So, problem one was solved, I had a beautiful area on which I could sew and generally get creative!

As this rather fortuitous happening seemed (to me at least) to be a sign that maybe all that I wished for could become reality, I started approaching the subject with my darling spouse.  It would be tricky, not only cash would be required but also, lifting, carrying, lugging, assembling, dismantling and other 'work' type words would be needed and I couldn't do alone.  However, in the fullness of time I got the whole family on my side and in the course of a weekend we managed to change the spare/dumping room into a proto-crafty room.  It wasn't pretty, things were shoved in haphazardly in order to get things done in time, but the bare bones were there - success.

Next came the fun part.  Time to sort, order, organize and beautify!  Which is what I have been working on for the last couple of weeks.  I have been covering boxes, making baskets, sorting buttons, winding ribbons, filing magazines, filling jars, framing pictures and generally enjoying myself.  I'm almost ready to show you all what I've been up to but I still have the curtains to make, so... (I know, how mean am I?)... until then I am going to leave you with these few, tantalising photos as an appetiser.




Main course, complete with before and after shots will follow shortly, I promise!

S x

Comments