Fluttering By Shawl



I haven't made a lace weight shawl in a while and coming up with this one has totally made me fall completely in love with them all over again.  Crochet and lace yarn is such an elegant combination.

This is my Fluttering By shawl, which is such a light and open, lacy thing that it's been so easy to wear.  I think it looks lovely on, it really tops off an outfit beautifully and it's so delicate and airy that I've been able to keep wearing it right through spring and into the summer.







The name is inspired by the stitch pattern that I've used for this design, which, with a little imagination could be said to resemble a flock of butterflies perching at rest.  Albeit in quite a uniform and organised way!  

I wanted to echo that butterfly shape along the border too, so you'll see some more butterflies dancing along the edges.  I love the shape of them, but I also adore the way that they start flitting and fluttering around as you move.

Working with lace for the first time can take a little getting used to, so I've popped a few suggestions in which I hope will be helpful.  It doesn't take long to get used to the feel of it though and for me, the results are well worth it, but I think this shawl could also work well in sock and 4ply weights of yarn too.

: :

I'm very happy to say that I am here to release the pattern today and so I shall pop the link below should you wish to take a look and find out more.  The pattern is available in both UK and US terms so you can work from whichever you are most comfortable with.

I really hope you enjoy it!



: :   FLUTTERING BY   : :

by Sandra Paul


Fluttering By Shawl Pattern
(Please see link for more information and price in your currency)

#CherryHeart             #FlutteringByShawl



S x



#CherryHeart

SUBSCRIBE:

 


PS - I'm so sorry but commenting on Blogger has been a bit hit and miss lately.  Please be aware that unless you see 'your comment will be visible after approval' after you press publish, I won't get your lovely message, which is sad.  If you are having trouble, you can leave your comment here instead.

Comments

  1. It's beautiful, Sandra. So dainty and delicate and I love the colour and your lovely crochet! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Gorgeous! Another one for the project list....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I sew all the time, but I have yet to learn to crochet or knit. This shawl has me tempted to learn. 🙏

    xoKaelen | https://darlingmarcelle.com

    ReplyDelete