Golden Summer Breeze


For me, up here in the northern hemisphere, summer has undoubtably shifted into autumn and late autumn as that.  Despite that, I'm here to share my latest pattern with you, a shawl inspired by the summer season!

Actually, it's almost two shawls in a way, because I have two variations included in this pattern.  By changing the colours and tweaking the border elements, two quite distinct styles have emerged and I happen to really love them both.  I hope you do too.

The first version, which I'm calling 'Summer Breeze' is all about sliding into summer gently, slowly leaving spring blossoms behind and embracing warmer days.  It's the peach version you can see in the pictures here and I've added some cute blossom like flowers and some foliage like loops for a pretty and decorative look.  I love how these border blooms sway in the breeze.



The second version, which I made more recently is about the joy of the golden light of late summer and clinging to those last precious days before things turn cooler, so I called this one 'Golden Summer'.  This one is great for showing off beautiful yarn, so I choose to use two lovely silky blends in golden yellow and a speckled cream, which means my shawl has some awesome drape.  I simplified the border here and added tassels instead.  I hope you allow me a little poetic license here, but the twirling tassels remind me a little of falling leaves, swirling down to the ground.

If you fancy a whipping up a little evocation of summer, or perhaps you are in the southern hemisphere and currently enjoying it directly.  Either way, I'm glad to say the pattern is here.

The pattern includes the usual clear set of written directions, along with a complete charted version so you can work from either.  I've also added a few photos to show the edging clearly and help with adding tassels.

The pattern is available from ravelry and Love Crafts, linked below...


: :   G O L D E N   S U M M E R   B R E E Z E  : :

by 
Sandra Paul

Pattern details and purchase links


Please do share your projects, I love to see your work... 

#CherryHeartDesigns

S x



#CherryHeart

SUBSCRIBE:

   

Comments

  1. Hi Sandra,
    I love love love your shawl patterns. The color combination is amazing. My crochet to do list gets longer and longer hihi.
    Have a lovely weekend.

    Sweet greetings,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beauty. I have some other patterns of yours to make up but that ione is definitely on my radar. Jo x

    ReplyDelete