Farmhouse Patch Blanket & Cushion


I had almost forgotten about this cute blanket that I came up with for Stylecraft a few years ago.  I was thinking about nine patch quilts at the time and lovely 30's style feed-sack fabrics that are often used.  It's a look I really love and I wondered if it would be possible to create something a little bit similar, but using yarn.  The Batik yarn, with it's flecks of paler colour showing through, had a pretty, almost faded quality about it which gave the colours I lovely vintage look I thought.  A representation of feed-sack fabric in yarn form.  At least, that's what I was hoping.

The traditional 9-patch block can be used in a multitude of ways in quilting and I wanted to alternate mine with blocks of solid colour, as a way to show-off the more colourful squares.  I wanted to emphasise the quilting look, so I added lines of stitches going from the centre to the corners of the squares.  To me, this had the effect of mimicking the long lines of sewing that bind the layers of a quilt together.  I also added some eyelet rounds to keep the blanket a little more open and lighter and add some more interest.


For the cushion, I needed a larger 'patch' and so I expanded the 9 patch idea and used the same motifs for the blanket, but this time to make a larger block in each style, one for each side.  I think it co-ordinates beautifully and I like the option of being able to switch between a colourful and a plain side, depending on my mood, or to just freshen things up!

I'm glad to say that I'm now able to release this pattern online and so I've added it to my various pattern shops on Ravelry, Love Crafts and Etsy.  I'll add all the links to the pattern page as usual so that you can choose your preferred platform...


: :   F A R M H O U S E   P A T C H   : :
B L A N K E T   &   C U S H I O N


For more details and shop links


#farmhousepatchblanket         #farmhousepatchcushion



S x



#CherryHeart

SUBSCRIBE:

   



Comments

  1. Love this so much!
    Your work is so pretty. Thanks for the inspiration. Also, love your little dachshund!

    ReplyDelete