Painted Anemones - Progress so far...


I don't think I've spoken about this project before, even though I have had it in my sights for months and months now.  It's a blanket idea that I originally started tinkering around with back at the beginning of the year.  Once I had the idea all figured out I thought I'd had a rather bright idea.  To change up the way I normally do things...

My plan was to get the pattern ready to release before I started sharing and showing all my progress to you all.  For once I would be prepared I thought, and by the time I start posting pictures and chatting about this project the pattern will be all ready to go.  Instead of my usual, 'oh hang on, it's coming... it'll be soon, well not too much longer...' type thing.  No more waiting around for you all, I thought.  How marvellous.


Like many things this year, that didn't go exactly to plan to be honest.  My progress was interrupted several times due to changing school routines and other covid related fun.  So I had to keep leaving it and then reacquainting myself with it before I could move on again.  Also because I'm doing things slightly differently to normal, I haven't planned it out quite right.

For a start, I did start chatting about it already, and then I realised I haven't got any pretty, final blanket photos to share.  Something which is rather a help to anyone who might be interested in parting with their hard earned cash on this little pattern.  Yes, rather a headdesk moment!

Don't get me wrong, I have swatched, sampled, calculated and re-written extensively.  Made up small blanket examples, tech edited and tested.  The pattern has gone through the rigours of the process and so from that point of view is more than ready to make its way into the world.  It's just that my samples don't really do the pattern justice, made up as they are with oddments of colours that I have available in the right yarn.  Effective enough, just not so pretty.


At first I thought I would just throw my hands up in the air and leave it another few months while I make up my finished and final version, something I hope will be a great deal easier on the eye than my samples.  But then I know some of you are waiting for this pattern to appear and I know the information I've included within it is extensive.  Written directions, charts, photo tutorials for trickier things, all the usual gumpfh that I include to try and make everything as clear and easy as I can.  So I've decided to go ahead and release it anyway.

I'm including some smaller photos of the samples, so that you have something for reference and a picture of each of the motifs and the border too.  I think that should help you get an idea of what you are going to be getting.  I'll also only make this early release of the pattern available on Ravelry for now.  That way, once the updated pattern with final photos is ready to go, I can update and re-distribute the new version to anyone who does want to buy the pattern straight away.  (Ravelry is the only platform that has this service.)

Once the final photos are ready to go, I'll be able to upload the updated pattern to other platforms, and I can make it available for those of you who who like different purchase options.


: :   P A I N T E D   A N E M O N E S   : :


Please visit link for more information and to purchase.

~ PLEASE NOTE ~
This pattern does not yet include a photo of the final finished blanket. 
Some temporary photos of the motif and border are provided as a visual guide to help you. The pattern will also be updated with a final, full blanket photo once it is available. However, please only proceed with your purchase at this time if that is acceptable to you.

Thank you!


S x



#CherryHeart

 SUBSCRIBE 
       

Comments

  1. Those flowers are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra,
    I've seen your painted anemones on your podcast. I instantly fell in love with it. The colours and the yarn are just amazing. I just love making blankets. Many people ask, but what do you do with it. Well, it's just the joy of making and then later you always a blanket to keep you warm haha. I can't wait to see the finished blanket. Beautiful.
    Have a lovely day.

    Sweet greetings,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you so much! Yes absolutely though, if I only made a blanket when I 'needed' one.... well, I'd have a lot less blankets, put it that way! It's definitely about the job of making as well.

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. I ordered my yarn and can’t wait to start. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for releasing the pattern. I’ve been waiting and watching for it! You may need to recheck the color numbers for the yarn. Blue apatite is number 805. Green agate is number 815. I bought both, but the color in your pictures seems to be 805. I’m not complaining, just more fun yarn for my stash!!
    I’m finishing a Painted Roses afghan for my granddaughter while waiting for the rest of my Sheepjes. This ones for me! Thanks again for the lovely pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi

      I'm afraid I have no way of contacting you, except to leave a reply here, so I hope you see this! I just wanted to say that you are right, the Blue Apatite is correct so the number should indeed be 805.

      I will update the pattern accordingly but I just wanted to thank you so much for noticing and pointing that out for me!

      S x

      Delete
  6. Oh, I'm so looking forward to being experienced enough to manage that! I'm a beginner and I found you by accident this evening when I was looking for instructions on how to do a plain granny square! I had been so confused by other tutorials. I read yours and.... BOOM!! I've done it! I'm so happy, only another 34 to do to finish my project. Thank you from a Cambridgeshire dweller!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's so great, I am glad!! Lovely to hear from you in pretty Cambridge!

      S x

      Delete
  7. Hi Sandra! Thanks a lot for another lovely pattern. Your eye for color is really amazing. I'd like to ask which color did you use for the border in the 3rd photo... because it doesn't seem to be Moonstone. Perhaps it's the light, but it seems to be a darker tone and I really like it. Was it an experiment? If you could tell the color name/number, I'd be really grateful.
    Thank you.
    Rosário

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    Yes you are right, that is a darker colour I've used there. That was some of my sampling work which I did with an assortment of colour in stash, whatever I had to hand! That one is called Axinite, it's a kind of a pale brown/beige like colour.

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the look of this project and have just bought the pattern and the yarn. I am hoping it won’t be too difficult, although at first glance it looks a bit overwhelming. I figure if I have managed to complete two of your Nature’s Walk blankets and a Battenburg blanket, surely I will be able to figure this out? Here’s hoping, down here in Australia, that I can pull it off! Thanks for sharing your expertise and lovely ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks so much, I hope you love it! Yes there is quite a bit of information in this one. Although it looks like a lot to digest, many of the pages cover extra info and can be used to help understanding if needed, but might not be necessary for everyone. More to compliment the basic information!

      I'm sure your Battenberg and Nature's Walk experience will stand you in good stead! :D

      Sandra x

      Delete