Episode | 122


Podcast | Watch on You Tube

Show Notes


: :   M A K I N G   : :

Crochet Star Quilt
Pattern | Inspired by Therese Hagstedt on Instagram (@tipsytessie)
Yarn | Drops Baby Merino in White and minis and lefts overs from stash
Hook | 3.0mm

Tutorial | Two Colour Granny Square:  Right Handed | Left Handed

Liberty Hexies Needle Case
Pattern | None, I'm winging it!
Fabric | Liberty of London (Left over from my Alice Caroline quilt below)

Daisy Puff-Again Blanket
Pattern | Written pattern coming soon!
Yarn | Stylecraft Bambino & Belissima*
Colours | Clotted Cream, Soft Pink, Heather, Awesome Avocado, Denim Dungarees, 
*Flaming Fuchsia & *Crystal Blue
Also added.... King Cole Cherished in Sunshine and King Cole Smooth in Sage
Hook | 4mm

Joining Method | Tutorial coming soon!

Checkerboard Best
Pattern | None I'm afraid.
Yarn | Stylecraft Special DK
Colours | White (1001), Black (1002)
Hook | 4.0mm

Flower Garden Quilt (Not shown this week!)
Pattern | Block of the Month Subscription 2021 by Alice Caroline
Fabric | Liberty of London (Came with the subscription)

: :


: :   P I P ' s   : :
(Patterns In Progress)

Crochet Star Quilt (Above)

Daisy Puffs Blanket (Above)

: :


: :   G O O D I E S   : :

Autumn Set                                            Halloween Set


Stitch Markers
All by my clever entrepreneur niece (and fam)...


: :

: :   I ' M   W E A R I N G   /   B E H I N D   M E   : :

N/a
 
: :


: :   Q U I E T   M O M E N T S   : :

I've been collecting and sharing a few calm and peaceful maker moments and sharing those in my new 'Quiet Moments' vlog videos.  I'm hoping to create a few relaxing and soothing minutes for you to enjoy.  
Here's the ones I have made so far if you'd like to take a look...



S x



#CherryHeart

 SUBSCRIBE 
    

Comments

  1. Hello Sandra. Your podcast is the first one I ever watched. I love it!
    Your crochet star quilt is lovely. Any of your border choices will work. I like the idea of simple. Another possibility would be camel stitch (rounds of US half double crochet in the 3rd loop). Once it's the width you like, do a round of slip stitch in the 3rd loop. I usually go down a hook size for the hdc's and then up a hook size for the ss. It ends up looking a bit like i-cord. Hope this makes sense. Your blanket will be stunning whichever border you choose.
    Your niece's stitch markers are so cute!
    Thank you for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed it! ☺️ That border idea sounds lovely. I have actually done my blanket border now, but I like the sound of an i-cord style, I'll have to try that. Also good idea to go up a hook size for the slip stitch, that's clever as it's so easy to work that round tight isn't it?

      S x

      Delete
  2. Just caught up with your last couple of episodes, good to see your crochet-quilt progressing so well! And as a fellow daxie owner I always love to see Bertie on your vlogs
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, yes it's really getting there now! Ahh got to love our little daxie's, they are just such characters aren't they? I don't know how it is for you, but sometimes I feel like Bertie is the boss of me, rather than the other way round! 😂

      S x

      Delete