A flurry of Magical Snowflakes


As much as I love Christmas, it does feel like it's coming early this year.  Some homes already had their lights up in mid November, the films came to TV weeks ago and Instagram has been awash with trees since the day after Hallowe'en.  Maybe we are all just looking forward to it that bit more this year, maybe we just want this year over and done with, who knows?

Anyway, as the end of November is fast approaching, I feel like the time is right for some moves in the festive direction.  I'll be saving all my Christmas fun for December, but it doesn't hurt to be a little prepared.  I've started to think about what I'd like to be making during this season and one of the things I'd like to return to, is this blanket design that I started working on last year.

I've been wanting to make a Christmas blanket for a while now and after playing around with ideas, I came up with these snowflakes that I really loved and wondered if I could turn into a wintery blanket design.  It took me a while to figure out the best way to turn them into motifs that I could join for a blanket, but my goodness, when it clicked, I was so happy with the results!


I have to say, this is one of my more complex designs, I'm certainly putting it down as an 'advanced' make as the instructions are quite intricate in places.  As always I try to put as much help and extra detail as I can into my patterns, but even I like to stop short of turning it into a 300 page saga!  So it's not one for the inexperienced, but I have added photos for special stitches, the trickier parts, and of course everything is charted too.

I really enjoyed choosing lots of my blue advent minis for a wintery frosted look for this blanket last year and that's the version you can see here.  But this year I'm also really looking forward to working up a rainbow mix of colours for my snowflakes, something I think, that might be rather magical!

The pattern is out now on Ravelry and Love Crafts, you can find the links on the pattern page below.  I do hope that you might like it too and do enjoy working up some magic this Christmas with it!

Magical Snowflakes Blanket

❅ ❄︎ ❆ ❄︎ ❅





Magical Snowflakes Blanket

❅ ❄︎ ❆ ❄︎ ❅


S x



#CherryHeart


 SUBSCRIBE 
    

Comments