But, all that is to come.
First I have another something to show you....
Look familiar? It might, as I've mentioned a couple of times so far, here and again over here. Well, today I'm here with the finished article.
It's been a nice easy make and it worked up fairly quickly. Which is good because the weather has just this week turned colder and I'm glad of the extra snuggle warmth in bed.
It's a little strange to be parading such a flowery and frankly, summery blanket around at this time of year. I took the colours from the various fabric prints in my room and so it matches in well there at least. You can see a lot of the same sort of colours here on my bedding.
I think it time we indulged ourselves in the facts and figures, the low-down, the 411 if you will! 'Let's break it down Angels':
First the yarn and colours:
2. Stylecraft Special DK - Fondant (1241)
3. Stylecraft Special DK - Pomegranate (1083)
4. Stylecraft Special DK - Lipstick (1246)
5. Hayfield/Sirdar Bonus DK - Lime (882)
6. King Cole Big Value DK - Lawn Green (011) & Stylecraft Life - Fern (2311) (Cos I ran out!)
7. Stylecraft Special DK - Sherbert (1034)
8. Jarol Heritage - Skye (110)
9. The cream I used round all the edges and for some flowers: Stylecraft Special DK - Cream (1005)
Weight of blanket: 1500g
Number of balls used: 15
Yardage: 4800 approx
In other words, you'd need 2 balls of each colour of the yarns I used, but I had some left over from each colour.
Flower pattern: Waterlily from '200 Crochet blocks' a book by Jan Eaton
Plain pattern: Solid granny square. You can find loads of tutorials for this all over the internet
Border: My own invention!
There, I think that's all you need to know. If I forgot anything, please do just ask and I'll do my best to answer it for you.
PS Did you spot the film quote?